The topic of study was “THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN RELIEF AND LAND USE AROUND MUTUNGO VILLAGE OF WAKISO DISTRICT.”
The objectives of the fieldwork was
- To find out geographical location of Mutungo Hill.
- To find out the historical background of Mutungo Hill.
- To find out the land use activities.
- To find out the problems faced by the people living in the area.
- To find out the solutions to the problems.
- To find out the future prospects.
Students employed various methods of data collection such as observations, interviewing and sketching and these exposed them to various geographical findings.
Students were also able to locate Mutungo Hill and areas around it. Through interviewing they discovered several problems faced by the people carrying out various economic activities.
The finds touched students and seemed to be a great encouragement in their lives.
Finally students identified future prospects as well as them giving possible suggestions as solutions to the problem.